Dona Nobis Pacem

I've been pretty much absent from the blogosphere for the latter half of this year. Concerns and passions and responsibilities have been all consuming. Overwhelming. But back in April when i posted "Finally" I was already thinking about my Peace Globe. Isn't it funny how you just KNOW? My daddy...I sure do miss him.
I'm not going to plunge into a lengthy post....but i would like to reach out my hand to you as you continue through this experience of reading about Peace and what it means to people all over the globe. I do want to share one thing though: 2 Corinthians 13:11~~Rejoice. Change your ways. encourage each other. Live in harmony and PEACE. Then the God of love and PEACE will be with you.
Once again I'd like to offer a huge thank you to Travis and Vinny for creating my globe. I toss a few scraps their direction and instantly they create a banquet for me! I love you guys! Also I want to thank Mimi who had this dream that evolved out of a bowl of marbles from her Papa. She deemed it "Blog Blast for Peace". Now it's not only limited to the blogosphere though! We have facebookers and twitterers who have proudly joined our masses. You too can join us in this effort. It's never too late because it really matters.
Hugs, Happiness and Harmony....that's how I've been signing off for quite some time....and I'm not about to stop.
Hugs, Happiness and Harmony,
Julie





23 Comments:
At Thu Nov 05, 12:09:00 AM,
Mimi Lenox said…
Awwww.....He must be so proud of you right now. It is a perfect globe. Just perfect. Travis and Vinny did a wonderful job and they are to be commended for all the work they've put into this launch helping other people.
The story of your father's medals is just wonderful. I remember your excitement during that time.
We both have the same thing on our minds these days, don't we?
You know I love you.
At Thu Nov 05, 12:37:00 AM,
Speedcat Hollydale said…
Hugs, Happiness and Harmony to my GREAT, sweet, fun, and caring friend Julie.
At Thu Nov 05, 12:37:00 AM,
Speedcat Hollydale said…
Hi MIMI :-)
At Thu Nov 05, 01:22:00 AM,
j said…
This was a beautiful post Julie. They did an awesome job with your Peace Globe.
In honor of your father, PEACE.
At Thu Nov 05, 01:41:00 AM,
Cinnamon Girl said…
Excellent work, Julie =)
At Thu Nov 05, 02:29:00 AM,
Travis Cody said…
**snaps to, salute**
That's for your Daddy. The hugs are for you.
At Thu Nov 05, 06:54:00 AM,
secret agent woman said…
Nice tribute to your Dad. Peace to you!
At Thu Nov 05, 08:07:00 AM,
Unknown said…
That's a wonderful peace globe, Julie! Thank you for your words, too.
At Thu Nov 05, 08:19:00 AM,
Anndi said…
Standing up to tyranny... may we be ever thankful to our fathers for that. Now if only we could keep discussions going so we don't have to pick up a weapon ever again.
Peace through understanding.
At Thu Nov 05, 09:56:00 AM,
John Holland said…
A very nicely done post.
At Thu Nov 05, 10:44:00 AM,
Vinny "Bond" Marini said…
You are most welcome...and thank you for your never ending friendship and love
Your Daddy and his Brothers In Arms are to be honored and you did so.
At Thu Nov 05, 11:14:00 AM,
Marilyn said…
They did a great job. I haven't been around here for a while. It's good to see you are still here.
I am grateful to you father and his brothers.
Peace be with you and yours.
At Thu Nov 05, 02:01:00 PM,
TomCat said…
Hi Julie. First, thanks for your visit and comment at Politics Plus.
On topic, I misunderstood that I was supposed to make a globe. Instead I wrote an in depth article. Next year, I'll know.
It is throughly refreshing to encounter another Christian who has not been taken in by the GOP's Supply-side Jesus and their gospel of war, greed and fear.
At Fri Nov 06, 12:35:00 AM,
Karen Jo said…
Very nice globe and message. Here's hoping that men like your father and his brothers at arms will soon be able to lay down their arms forever. Peace to you and yours.
At Fri Nov 06, 12:46:00 AM,
katherine. said…
Julie...that is lovely
I too thank your Daddy...and his brothers.
At Sat Nov 07, 05:05:00 PM,
maryt/theteach said…
Julie, my heart breaks for your friend whose niece is missing... I have a niece and I would be heartbroken if she went missing. I'm over here on the East coast so I don't think she'd be headed here but I looked at her pretty pic and I'll keep my eyes open and her in my heart. :)
At Sat Nov 07, 06:56:00 PM,
Michelle said…
That's a beautiful tribute.
Belated Peace Globe Day blessings to you. :-)
At Mon Nov 09, 03:02:00 PM,
Sanni said…
Beautiful thoughts - and a beautiful globe, Julie.
May peace be with you and yours all time.
Dona Nobis Pacem in honor of your dad...
At Fri Nov 20, 12:46:00 AM,
Speedcat Hollydale said…
Hi Julie ( tips hat )
:-)
At Sat Jan 23, 01:46:00 AM,
j said…
Miss you Julie. I hope that you are doing well!
At Thu Jan 28, 12:46:00 PM,
Vinny "Bond" Marini said…
OK...time to post something girlfriend
hehehehheheeheheeee
At Fri Jan 29, 02:45:00 PM,
Vinny "Bond" Marini said…
still waiting!
hehehehehehehehe
At Mon Feb 01, 11:32:00 AM,
Vinny "Bond" Marini said…
you told me there would be a post here missy!!!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home