Proud Bookworm Award
Well I'm not certain what The Teach has been reading but she says that I'm a sexy bookworm! HAH! 'scuse me while I giggle for a bit! Anyway this little meme goes like this:Pass it on to five other bloggers, and tell them to open the nearest book to page 46. Write out the fifth sentence on that page, and also the next two to five sentences. The closest book, not the coolest, or the one you think will sound the best. THE CLOSEST.
Here we go....page 46 and the fifth sentence along with a few more......
And perhaps no language was ever more perfectly ordained to express human emotions than this fourteenth-century Florentine Italian, as embellished by one of Western civilization's greatest poets. Dante wrote his Divine Comedy in terza rima, triple rhyme, a chain of rhymes with each rhyme repeating three times every five lines, giving his pretty Florentine vernacular what scholars call "a cascading rhythm"-a rhythm which still lives in the tumbling, poetic cadences spoken by Italian cabdrivers and butchers and government administrators even today. The last line of the Divine Comedy, in which Dante is faced with the vision of God Himself, is a sentiment that is still easily understandable by anyone familiar with so-called modern Italian. Dante writes that God is not merely a blinding vision of glorious light, but that He is, most of all, l'amor che move i sole e l'atre stelle...."The love that moves the sun and the other starts." So it's really no wonder that I want so desperately to learn this language.
**sigh** Oh! I must get back to this book!
Now the fun part! The five bloggers I pick are:
DANA!
JENNIFER!
VINNY!
SPEEDCAT!
THE PUPPY!
I hope you five enjoy this little meme and don't forget to grab your award because YOU are a sexy bookworm! Woo!
Hugs, Happiness and Harmony!
Julie







25 Comments:
At Fri Nov 28, 11:24:00 PM,
Speedcat Hollydale said…
Ohhhh THIS will be good.
My book? ..... ha haaaa!!!
I will be memin` soon. Thanks for the link Julie.
I will make you proud :-) ((((wink)))
At Fri Nov 28, 11:57:00 PM,
Julie said…
Make me proud? Egads! Now I'm very skeered!
At Sat Nov 29, 01:00:00 PM,
Sandee said…
This is indeed a fun meme.
Hi Speedy.
Have a terrific day. :)
At Sat Nov 29, 02:18:00 PM,
Meribah said…
**Comes speedin' in and crashes into the wall** Okay, the puppy's here! Where's my treat? Oooo! A bookworm award and meme! I'm gonna have to try that...once I get my procrastinating butt into gear. :P
At Sun Nov 30, 04:36:00 AM,
Speedcat Hollydale said…
http://speedcathollydale.blogspot.com/2008/11/bluff-your-way-in-golf-tag-on-me-pants.html
At Sun Nov 30, 12:06:00 PM,
Olga, the Traveling Bra said…
How did I miss this last night?
At Sun Nov 30, 12:48:00 PM,
Nurse Amanda Hugankiss said…
Golfer Dood! What are you up to NOW?!?!?! ;)
At Sun Nov 30, 03:55:00 PM,
Speedcat Hollydale said…
Were are we Olga????
(hi Julie)
Ha haaaa!!!!
Hug Hug
At Sun Nov 30, 04:12:00 PM,
Sandee said…
This is a fun one. I did it the other day. Have a great Sunday Eric. Big hug. :)
At Sun Nov 30, 09:20:00 PM,
Olga, the Traveling Bra said…
I want to know the story behind why you are throwing your golf bag & clubs in the water!!!
At Sun Nov 30, 09:31:00 PM,
Speedcat Hollydale said…
the fairways were angry that day Cuppy ... and so was I. I knew that .......
At Sun Nov 30, 09:32:00 PM,
Speedcat Hollydale said…
Thanks Sandee :-)
You so sweeeet!!!
At Sun Nov 30, 09:32:00 PM,
Speedcat Hollydale said…
Hi Julie !!
At Sun Nov 30, 09:59:00 PM,
Julie said…
Sandee! Thanks for coming over!
Puppy! C'mon sweetie! You can do this one! Pick that special book up and move it over close to you! Oh! Wait! How many pages are in it?
Speedy! I'll just sit back and listen, okay? *winks*
At Sun Nov 30, 10:01:00 PM,
Speedcat Hollydale said…
okeeDokee
At Mon Dec 01, 02:52:00 AM,
Crazed Nitwit said…
comment, comment, comment.
PS~I dislike rootbeer floats. How about banana floats?
Aunt Janice
At Mon Dec 01, 11:44:00 AM,
Travis Cody said…
I like this one! And now that I'm reading again, I actually have a book I can use.
At Mon Dec 01, 04:12:00 PM,
maryt/theteach said…
Great job, Julie! Thank you! :)
At Mon Dec 01, 08:00:00 PM,
Julie said…
Travis! Yippy, hippy, skippy you're home!
Teach! Thank you! Or you're welcome...or something!
At Tue Dec 02, 02:17:00 AM,
Speedcat Hollydale said…
Yhooo Hoooo!
At Tue Dec 02, 07:05:00 PM,
Unknown said…
I won! I won! I won! Hehe!
At Sun Jan 04, 12:47:00 PM,
j said…
Woo Hoo! Sexy Bookworm! And how cool is it that the nearest book to me is my son's Bible?!!
At Sun Jan 04, 12:47:00 PM,
j said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
At Sun Jan 04, 12:47:00 PM,
j said…
Happy publish finger!
At Sun Jan 04, 02:33:00 PM,
Julie said…
Jennifer! Can't wait to see the meme! Will we be in Exodus?
Post a Comment
<< Home