Julie's Jewels and Junque

Welcome to my spot! A place filled with jewels and junk. Come on in and let me know what junk food you like, I'll be sure to have some here for you. Just leave me a note on what you take so I have plenty upon your return!. The jewels you ask? Well, hopefully you find my scattered thoughts as precious as gems.

Monday, December 29, 2008

MM "Tradition"



It was Christmas Eve and maybe around 9-10pm when Sara came rushing home....."Mom! Mom! We have to save Christmas! Santa has fallen over in the town square and we can't let the little kids see him this way!" What would happen to TRADITION?? So we jumped in the car....no phones, no coats, no gloves.....it wasn't really too cold but we certainly weren't prepared. We zipped down the road and lo and behold (my daddy always said that) Santa was down for the count....belly up. Sara and I each grabbed a Santa arm and regardless of all the grunts and giggles and snapping of pictures we couldn't do it. No way....no how.

I tried....



Sara tried....





On to plan B. How hard would it be for two gals to capture the attention of passersby? HAH! Well as it turned out we were struggling with Santa for nearly 20-30 minutes and no one stopped. Sara decided she would run to a downtown business and beckoned for help...while she was gone a man and a woman stopped because the woman called the man Scrooge or Grinch or some equally derogatory name. I asked the people if they could please wait a bit until my daughter returned because if Santa was set upright without her help she would be quite sad.

They waited...and shortly thereafter Sara and a fella came running to get this job done. It took the four of them to hoist the jolly man in the red suit. I, of course, had taken charge of the documentary aspect of the event. The pictures! The thing that blogs are made of!

Before much time passed our helpers had brought forth...

... a staple gun and a tool box with all the little goodies necessary
to fasten Santa to his plywood stage.





In addition to my picture taking skills I grabbed the
town square spotlight
to shine on the task at hand.




Not one police officer stopped! Can you imagine?
I would have needed a bigger truck to steal him anyway.
Maybe they already know what I drive?

Don't forget to go see Mo and the MM blogroll
and
Mister Linky and all that cool stuff!

Hugs, Happiness and Harmony!
Julie

20 Comments:

  • At Mon Dec 29, 10:20:00 AM, Blogger Durward Discussion said…

    The blogger who saved Santa without leaping a even one building with a single bound.... very good.

     
  • At Mon Dec 29, 11:45:00 AM, Blogger Polly said…

    Haha. I can't believe no one stopped. And I can't believe that no one called the police. LOL Thanks for saving Christmas!

     
  • At Mon Dec 29, 11:57:00 AM, Blogger Daisy said…

    Too funny! I am so glad you saved Santa Claws.

     
  • At Mon Dec 29, 12:04:00 PM, Blogger Sandee said…

    Not participating, but wanted to comment. What a great thing to do. You just can't ignore a tradition like Santa.

    Have a terrific day. :)

     
  • At Mon Dec 29, 01:39:00 PM, Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said…

    And the whole world rejoiced a you and Sara Saved Christmas

     
  • At Mon Dec 29, 02:11:00 PM, Blogger Desert Songbird said…

    Yay! You saved Santa! And the tradition lived on for all to enjoy.

     
  • At Mon Dec 29, 02:57:00 PM, Blogger Mark said…

    That's hilarious! If you didn't have pictures, I would just congratulate you on a very inventive story. I guess truth really is better than fiction.

     
  • At Mon Dec 29, 05:55:00 PM, Blogger Mimi Lenox said…

    I can't believe you stapled Santa.

    That was hysterical. What is even funnier is that no matter where we are or what we're going through, we're always thinking about the next blog post.

    Well done!

     
  • At Mon Dec 29, 08:02:00 PM, Blogger Speedcat Hollydale said…

    What was the present???

    (I know you peeked)


    .... still running all over blog town?

     
  • At Mon Dec 29, 08:29:00 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    To the rescue! I think it's great that your daughter didn't want the younger kids to see Santa lying flat on his back like that. Good for her!

    And good for you for remembering to take your camera with you when you ran out the door!

     
  • At Mon Dec 29, 09:32:00 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    Jamie! Well....I did kinda jump around to keep warm!

    Polly! *thrusts out chest* Well.....Miss Polly...you're welcome!

    Daisy! We had too!

    Sandee! You are SO right!

    Vinny! They did? I heard no singing whatsoever!

    Desert Songbird! Of course!

    Mark! I knew I had to document this! Luckily few people know this town!

    Mimi! I didn't STAPLE Santa....I WATCHED him get stapled. He didn't mind it either. He said he prefers being tied up though. HAH!

    Speedy! I have no clue! But it was dadgum HEAVY

    Linda! Actually my daughter remembered her camera! I was just too excited about the whole event to think straight!

     
  • At Tue Dec 30, 12:16:00 AM, Blogger Travis Cody said…

    Well done! It's a bit surprising that you had so much trouble getting some help. But good for you to keep after it until you got Santa on his feet!

     
  • At Tue Dec 30, 10:19:00 AM, Blogger Mimi Lenox said…

    Julie - I stumbled across another blog this morning with a picture of a Santa that fell down just like this! I'm going to direct her to your blog. Ha!

     
  • At Tue Dec 30, 10:21:00 AM, Blogger Mimi Lenox said…

    Here 'tis.
    It happened everywhere!

    Christmas Neighborhood

     
  • At Wed Dec 31, 08:06:00 PM, Blogger Ivanhoe said…

    Oh my, that's a huge Santa :o)
    Happy New Year to you and yours, Jules!

     
  • At Thu Jan 01, 07:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for saving Santa Claus! I sure hope his feet don't hurt from all those staples, though!

    Happy New Year!

     
  • At Sat Jan 03, 12:28:00 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    Travis! I know! You should have seen Sara jumping around to capture ANYone's attention.

    Mimi! Too funny!

    Ivanhoe! He was waaay big!

    WT4W! He didn't complain at all!

     
  • At Sun Jan 04, 12:41:00 PM, Blogger j said…

    I enjoyed this post so much! The blogger that saved Christmas :)

    Happy New Year Julie!

     
  • At Sun Jan 04, 02:27:00 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    Thanks sweetie! Thanks for stopping by!

     
  • At Sun Jan 04, 07:42:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    That was funny and sweet at the same time - just like you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home